Sunday, June 26, 2011

Data Dump

How do you pack for 14 days when half is business and half is beach? Oh the dilemma, I know. So I'm procrastinating, naturally.

- Talk about First World Problem, my cleaning lady didn't show up on Friday and I was mega upset. Have I told you that when I decided to hire someone to clean for me it changed. my. life. I highly recommend it.
- I packed six books, despite the fact that something tells me I won't read more than two.
- I saw Super 8 with Mel this week because we wanted - no needed - a Coach Taylor fix. First, don't go see a somewhat scary movie with a jumpy person. The first time Mel screamed, I screamed too because she grabbed me. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, and I didn't love it. Was it a good movie? Sure. Just not my type.
- I walked in Sam's Club last Saturday and stopped in my tracks in front of the TV display. I was distracted by the movie preview being shown on all 20 TVs. Yes, I stopped and watched the whole 3 minutes preview right in the middle of the aisle. Monte Carlo (or The Lizzie McGuire Movie 10 years later) is my type of movie :)
- I'm embarrassingly white. My family may disown me. Remember two years ago when we documented Day 1, 7 and 14 of tan-ness. I'll be luckily to hit my Day 1 mark on this years Day 7. Stupid job.
- I just went and grabbed two books out of my bag. Look at me packing light.
- RE: The List #7 - I started watching Dawson's Creek and it should be no surprise to anyone that I'm addicted. My parents wouldn't let me watch in high school, but at 27 it's just as classic. Such a great decision.
- I've found telling car salesmen that I just moved from New York allows me to be rude and pushy when they try to "sell." What part of just test driving did you miss?
- I found myself wishing the weekend away yesterday because I'm so excited for tomorrow's Bachelorette. Issues. Major issues.
- Let me introduce something that will Change. Your. Life. Maybe you're already in the know, but Caisa introduced the sisters to GroupMe last week and my phone has been beeping nonstop ever since. Group texting. I've had email chains with friends that are just fabulous, but the instant-ness of texting in a group format is just fantastic. It's a good thing the sisters have unlimited texting plans. Best invention of the year.

Okay, I must get back to packing. Hilton Head, via Connecticut, here I come.

8 comments:

Caisa said...

ahhhhhhh!!! i CANNOT wait for HH. it's gonna be great - even though i'm pretty sure you're vampire status.

nerak said...

totally support you having a cleaning lady. who wants to use precious time cleaning? no one in their right mind.

so wish i could've oogled over coach taylor with you and mel, but i don't think you'd've fared well with TWO jumpy people. :)

someday i'm goign to invite myself to hilton head. sounds like my kind of vacation.

Lauren F. said...

Oh Dawson's Creek. I could write a paper about that show. Oh wait, I did. I still like GG much much better, but I'm thinking my next show needs to be FNL.

KJB said...

Okay, what books? We need to coordinate - PS Call ME!

Oh, and Karen, you're invited to HH anytime.

Em said...

Cleaning ladies are great. I've had one for almost 2 years and I felt a little over-indulged at first, but now I fully embrace it. Couldn't live without it. :)

You need a Kindle or an iPad, so that you don't have to pack all those books. Talk about life changing. It makes packing VERY light.

Kristan said...

vampire status?

hh is alwasys an open invitation . . . just wait until you hear how many people we cram in our condo this year!

Lauren: HOW HAVE YOU NOT STARTED FNL YET!!! Plus you live in Texas! Come on!

I have an ipad, but I don't like electronic book reading - especially for outside and even more especially when I'm going to be by sand and water. I'm an old fashion book girl.

Samantha Brooks said...

HA. you WOULD have a cleaning lady. honestly i bet candice would still do it. 2. i started watching dawson's creek last year. finished it. good not great. but ya know the whole mom and dad not letting us watch it gave it such appeal. 3. SO STOKED for hh. but im already black. literally.

elizabeth said...

If I had just read your blog before my trip, I would have known you were in CT. I never did watch Dawson's Creek, but I make up for it by watching 90210.

Have a great time with your fam at HH.