Solution: Run to QT
We'd 1) get a little workout in - QT is 1.9 miles from our house so we would actually be doing so much more than a 5k :) and 2) continue the QT DC Thanksgiving morning tradition.
Well the longer we waited (and after eating a delicious pumpkin pancake breakfast), the less appealing running 4 relatively hilly miles sounded. So Sam decided she'd rollerblade. Because that's easier? Which prompted Caisa to decided she'd razor scooter. Because that's not weird for a 24 year old. So I decided I'd drive. Because someone had to pick them up when they gave up. Plus you can't run, rollerblade or razor scooter back with a 44oz DC in your hand.
The first five minutes were hysterical. We didn't even make it out of the neighborhood before Sam was huffing and puffing and begging to get in the car.
And they're off . . .

And they're done . . .

After we get out of the neighborhood, Caisa and I are laughing so hard we decide to make Sam work a little harder and prove she can rollerblade up a big hill. For some reason, I'm still not sure why, Sam agrees and gets out of the car. She didn't make it 25 feet before falling. Caisa and I were laughing. Cars were driving by. And a man across the street even cheered her on while getting his paper.
I think I can. I think I can . . .

Just give me a second . . .


No, I can do this . . .

Just kidding . . .

After our abs had gotten a sufficient workout, we finally made it to QT - where Sam kept her rollerblades on.

The Turkey Trot may not, but the QT DC Thanksgiving morning tradition lives on . . .
7 comments:
I've said it before, I'll say it again -- you make me wish I had sisters just like yours!
"Because that's normal for a 24-year-old."
Hysterical.
AWESOME! I love you girls. All efforts are justified for a 44oz QT on Thanksgiving morning!
bahaha. man, we look good. remember how mom and dad don't even question us leaving the house looking like that or via rollerblades, razor scooter, and partyfinder?
Seriously...I have got to meet your sisters. Your posts always make me laugh, but when you include sister stories, I nearly pee my pants.
I want to be in Atlanta for Thanksgiving. You guys are all wearing t-shirts. Maybe that's bc you had a killer workout. And I don't think I could run .5 mile right now. You can tell Caisa that.
hahah why am i so funny? slash why do you love me so much? i know you always deny that im your favorite sister, but lets observe the facts. 1. my picture is ALL OVER your apartment. 2. your blog is more about my ridiculousness than it is about yours haha.
i don't know how i haven't seen this until now.. died laughing. not that i can rollerblade. or even razor scooter very well. but still.. sam and caisa look like FOOLS.
Post a Comment