Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tel Aviv . . . and so it begins

A month ago (how has it already been that long?!) Mom, Dad, Kelli and I landed in Tel Aviv. We had hoped for an afternoon at the beach, but it was rainy, cold and insanely windy. So instead we enjoyed the Mediterranean with a walk down the promenade to Jaffa, ate really delicious seafood and tried desperately to stay awake.


I finally downloaded all 1,449 pictures to my computer, and I promised I would blog. Jerusalem has always been on my Bucket List, but this trip all seemed to happen very quickly. Sam was accepted to study at the BYU Jerusalem Center. Mom and Dad started talking about visiting. I asked my boss for two weeks off, and 30 days before we left I found myself buying an airplane ticket. So this trip didn't have the normal months of planning and anticipation . . . but I could not be more happy it happened. I loved it (and am already planning when and how I can go back). 12 hour flights, lots of family time, lots of sitting in a taxi/bus/van, lots of pictures, lots of rocks, lots of amazing experiences.

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Can't wait for the pictures.

Darla said...

Still waiting to see your photos!

jenny said...

This post just made me SO EXCITED to wear coats. Your coat is FAB.