So, give the people what they want. Here are two of the best moments of the wedding weekend. No, it's not Shannan and Evan for the first time as husband and wife. No, it's not the daddy daughter dance. Nope, it's certainly not the bouquet toss. But they are fantastic moments none the less.
#1: The Name
Whitney may kill me, and Shannan probably doesn't even know this story . . . but sorry guys "I mean this in the nicest possible way," it was hysterical. At the rehearsal dinner many of the family members and wedding party members are meeting for the first time, and everyone is chatting and introducing themselves before we start dinner. As we sit down, Whitney, one of Shannan's bridesmaids, comes over to me with this horrified look on her face.
Pause.
Of all the sisters, Shannan has had the most boyfriends. Like more than the rest of us combined. She always had a boyfriend. And these boyfriends were always serious. Tolson, Jono, Karl, Tommy, some baseball player, Zach some NFL player, some 31 year old Scottish man, Devin, Mark, Paul, Evan. It's a lot of names. Whitney lived with Shannan in college a few years ago. At the time she was dating "Devin."
Back to the Story.
With a bright red face Whitney said to me, "I think I just told Evan's mom, 'Hi, I'm Whitney one of the bridesmaids. You must be Devin's mom. It's so nice to meet you. Shannan really loves Devin." I busted out laugh. I mean dying. Sweet, cute, little Whitney is mortified that she just called Shannan's fiancee the wrong name -- to his mom! In all fairness, Evan/Devin, very close. Whitney, I'm sure she didn't even notice :) My laughter prompted the re-telling of the story to the whole table. Which prompted more laughing. We were definitely the loud table of the night. But the jokes were so worth it.
#2: The Meltdown
The wedding happened. I'm sure it was beautiful. Pictures were taken. I'm sure they are beautiful. Then we had the wedding dinner. Dad got choked up. It was precious. Candice drank DC right out of the pitcher. It was hysterical. Dessert was served. It was tasty.
Before the toasts and slide show, people were still finishing up and chatting and Shannan and Evan start walking around and chatting with tables. Shannan was at the table with all of her bridesmaids, which was right next to the sisters table. I turn to look at Shannan and notice she had a few crumbs on her lap. It wasn't horrible just a few spots. Tide to Go and she's be fine. I go to say something to her when she turns saying, "I KNOW!" and that's when I saw it: raspberry sauce on her chest and down to her lap. It really wasn't horrible. But it was red. And on silk and lace. Of all the times to spill. Everyone quickly moved to try to calm Shannan down and tell her it will be okay. Pictures had already been taken. The spill really wasn't that bad. Tide to Go would at least mask the problem. But Shannan was having none of it. Full, complete, total meltdown.
And Michelle, being the awesome photographer and friend that she is, quickly moved to snap a few photos. Which made Shannan even madder. So here is Shannan in all of her Wedding Day glory - Classic, classic Shannan face.

Congratulations sister! We will all joke about wearing bibs at our wedding now.
8 comments:
I'M SO SO SOO SORRY SHANN!!! Evan is def my favorite anyways:)
I could add a few funny bullets to your list Kris...
Great stories. I could add some bullets as well.
That's amazing! No words.
Please, please, please add or send any and all additional stories!
The triplets story...
hahahahaha. i wish i coulda been at the wedding.
"some 31 year-old scottish man, some baseball player, some NFL player.." classic.
shan looks positively gorgeous though.
So glad this is the ONLY picture of me on my wedding day you blogged you brat. You would. Whitney, that is HYSTERICAL.
Oh calm down Shannan. I just haven't gotten around to it. Some of us have jobs - for longer than a day :)
And is Paul your alter ego now. You just can't get enough classic books on Western Civilization, huh.
Post a Comment