
I went on a bit of a pumpkin baking spree last week, and I found a new favorite recipe - Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream. The recipe is from Closet Cooking and it is divine. It tastes just like pumpkin pie filling. Add some graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips and caramel. Last night Caisa, Melanie, Shannan and I couldn't stop. And then I had some for breakfast this morning. Dare I say it may just be better than pumpkin pie for breakfast. I'm having the Monday blues and all I want to do is go home and eat the leftovers. ("leftovers" sounds so much more exciting when I'm talking about dessert!)
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
(makes 4 servings)
Ingredients:
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
4 egg yolks
1 cup pumpkin puree
Directions:
1. Heat the cream, milk, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves in a sauce pan until it almost boils, about 5 minutes.
2. Reduce the heat to low.
3. Add one tablespoon of the cream mixture to the egg to temper it.
4. Add the egg to the sauce pan.
5. Cook at low heat without boiling, until it is slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
6. Add pumpkin puree and stir.
7. Chill the mixture in the fridge.
8. Freeze according to the instructions for your ice cream machine.
9 comments:
I LOVE PUMPKIN :)
Mmmm...I may just have to try this. Love pumpkin pie and love ice cream!
This makes me want to eat diary again. So Yummy. I love, love, love pumpkin ice cream!
Thanks for the recipe. You better believe I'm going to try it. Last week I went home and got a Pumpkin Jamba Juice...oh the memories.
you would have an ice cream machine. I miss you and all your sissy's. I need to call you with a few questions about NYC. Will you come visit Paul and I there??
OMG that looks divine!! I can't wait to try that! What a perfect fall treat. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I may have to steal the ice cream for breakfast idea too! Yum! Have you ever tried ice cream on waffles for breakfast? That's my favorite! This ice cream would be great for that! Miss you!
What college student has an ice cream maker? Fun! This recipe looks awesome. I have to try it. We love all things pumpkin :).
how does that sounds like the most amazing breakfast on all planet earth?
Of course I'm going to try this one. Thanks.
Post a Comment