Thursday, September 10, 2009

Caffeine

It's 4pm. I'm still at school - and will be for a while. I was in desperate need of a Diet Coke. My options were:
a) Suffer through
b) Get the caffeine-free option at school
c) Go to Wendy's down the street for the good stuff

So, I just gave in and went for Option B. After about 5 minutes of drinking the beverage that pretends to be Diet Coke but just isn't, I gave in. I got up from my table to head out for Option C . . . and the three other girls at my table placed there orders too. So I just walked into the building carrying four large drinks in a drink holder. I got a few comments and stares.

School has definitely begun, and some things are just necessary.

9 comments:

Lauren F. said...

I'm totally with you. I have made quite a few trips to the nearby McDonalds to get my fix lately. It's so easy to strap Ryan in the car seat and make a quick run. Jon thinks I just need to buy cans at the grocery store but it's not the same as on tap.

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

I once drank a red bull on campus at BYUH and you would have thought I was taking shots.

Samantha Brooks said...

"there" should be "their." and you call yourself a grad student.

Kristan said...

Lauren - it is SO not the same. Some people put cans in their lockers, but I still haven't figured out how to jerry-rig a fountain machine in mine :)

Em - there are some things that just crack me up about this school

Bubba - get over it! I think writing this while listening to a professor and taking notes is pretty darn impressive.

Samantha Brooks said...

thats not impressive! thats a total waste of your free money!! which could be spent teaching you the things that apparently your 17 year old sister can teach you (:

Whitney Elizabeth said...

Thats such a Kristan thing to do. I need to call you and Shan...CAUSE I'M GOING TO PROVO NEXT WEEKEND!!!!!!!

Em said...

Althought the fountain drink is better, sometimes...in a real pinch a Diet Coke from a locker, your back pocket, or your fashionable carry all bag...might just have to do the trick. Think of how many more stares you will get it if you carry around a bottle of coke, instead of having it somewhat hiden in a Wendy's cup. Oh the scandal! :)

maWeesa said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS POST... when is byu going to realize that 99% of their population relys on that forbidden substance??

*holly* said...

I have never been more proud.